Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Chemistry is the worst

Chemistry… Chemistry is the hardest class I've ever experienced.  I don't know if it's BYU chemistry or chemistry in general.  I know that BYU is notorious for having a rigorous chemistry department but I still thought it would be possible for non-super human people like me.  I study the material I do the homework, I go to class but it just doesn't seem to pay off any.  Once I get into the testing center it's like seeing a different language for the first time.  Not only that but everything I seemed to have studied is not recognizable on the test.  Anyway I could just say, "Oh my brain doesn't work that way."  But I don't want to believe that.  I want to believe that I can do this chemistry stuff in the testing center.

I have heard many people say, "I can't help it, that's just the way I am."  I never have believed that people "can't do" or "have to do" because, "that's just the way they are."  In my case with the chemistry stuff, I obviously know there's more I can do to understand better.  Even though I've tried long hours to understand sometimes it doesn't work out, which means to me that I need to try harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment