Friday, October 17, 2014

Is two sets of parents better than one?

Zach Quinn

Sister Steadman

Writing 150

Research Paper

Is Having Two Sets of Parents Better Than One?
            
          My Mother was running around like a chicken with her head cut off.  She was running from point “A” to point “B” to point “C” in our little house.  While she was putting her make up on she was simultaneously putting on her shoes.  Mom was obviously late for something.  As she was frantically getting ready I heard the doorbell ring, and my Mother told me to go answer it.  When I got to the door I moved the curtains aside to see who the unknown person was on the porch.  It was a man, a man who looked relatively well dressed.  I thought to myself, “is he here to take Mom out?”  When I opened the door I introduced myself by saying, “hi my name is Zach.  I’m five years old.  Are you going to marry my Mom?”  That question must have taken him back, because he took a few moments to respond.  He said, “Hi Zach my name is Kenny, and no I’m not here to marry your Mom.  Is she here?”  I told him that she was, but she wouldn’t be ready for a few more minutes.  So, while we were waiting for Mom to get ready, he took me over to the piano and started to play a blues melody.  “I kind of like this guy,” I thought.



Thesis: My parents divorce has been one of the best things that has happened to me.  Although divorce does an awful thing to a family, remarriage is the best resource to better a child’s life educationally, physically, and emotionally.                     

No comments:

Post a Comment