Friday, October 3, 2014

Ideas for Research Paper

In my research paper I think I'm going to write about divorce.  Not only about divorce, but how it is a beneficial decision.  I'll ask questions like, "Is divorce a good thing for the two spouses?" Or, "Is divorce beneficial for the children?"  I think this will be a good topic, because I think that it will be very argumentative.  Coming from a divorced family, maybe that makes me uniquely qualified to write about this topic.  Not only are my parents divorced, but my step-parents as well before they got remarried to my mom and dad respectively.  That will allow me to have at least four personal interviews on their view of divorce, before and after.



Thesis: My parents’ divorce has been one of the best things that has happened to me.  Although divorce can generally have negative effects on families, remarriage can be one of the best resources to better a child’s life educationally, physically, and emotionally, with the influence of a father figure.

  

I think divorce is a very controversial topic, but I agree with your standpoint. If things will always be tense and never work out, why would they stay? It's only going to hurt everyone more. You'll have a lot to say (:

You will definitely not be void of articles!  I would mostly want to be sure that you do not write a cliche paper since there has been so much discussion on divorce in the past years, since it has become  even more prevalent in the past few decades.

That is a great idea!  Personal interviews will really help establish your ethos.  And it sounds like it is something you are clearly passionate about or at least close to.  And I think the effect on the children and adults are both interesting sub-categories.

I like the idea of having a lot of personal interviews. Make sure you ad some facts and statistics in there as well to gain some logical pespective

I would suggest relating your personal experiences to the topic you have chosen and showing the correlation between the research you find and what you have personally experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment